Tuesday, April 5, 2016

My Best Keep Secret




Weston's story has been told many times. Around the world, many people have heard of the long, heart breaking, and powerful story, that is his life's story. Knowing the number of lives, he touched will probably never be known, but I would say generations have been changed due to him.

Knowing that, it is still a wonderful thing to hear about someone doing something nice, just to pay it forward. "Feed the Fire" was such a shot of joy to my heart. March is always the hardest part of the year for us. Hearing how Weston's story is still making an impact helps ease the hurt. The best is when someone does not know who I am, and they tell a story about how they heard, or did something because of Weston.

As time goes on, the pain of his passing still haunts me. The anger, frustration, and sadness try to take hold of my life. Let me tell you, sorrow is not an easy thing to shake. Have you heard it takes a village to raise a child? Well, it takes the whole world, to recover from the loss of one.

Many people have asked, how do you guys do what you do? Or something very similar. Well, I will tell you, lean in close and raise your right hand. Now, do you promise to keep this a secret for as long as it takes you to read the rest of this post. Alright, I will tell you....

But, first I must tell you about Julie. If you have not met her she is the best. I could not have gotten any luckier, than to marry someone like her. I could not have made it this far in life without her. She truly is my better half. If I have a weakness, it will be something she is strong in. Julie completes me. On days when I am struggling to adjust to life without Weston, she is there to help pick me up.

Oh what is that? you want the secret. Well now hold on I have just a few more....... Ok Ok I will tell you. The secret to my life, well besides family, my wife, and of course hope in the future, is.........well....YOU. You my extended family, the ones I know and the ones I may never know. You are what help get me through the darkest of days. Without you there would be no paying it forward, Feed the Fire could not go one, and our hope in the future would not be so real. So, my dear reader, supporter, and friend how do I say thank you? The only way I know how. Thank YOU!

You are the reason I can Hang on, Hang in, and Don't quit.


AK


No comments:

Post a Comment