Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Bonus Mother's Day Blog





Mother's Day



This is our second Mother's day since Weston passed away. It was not easy. Easy is not a word we get to use when it comes to holidays anymore. I hope with time we will do holidays better, as for now they suck more than they are good. Please, do not think I am being unfair to the holiday. I know it is not the holidays' fault. 

Mother's day has been one of my hardest holidays. As a husband, I want to do what I can for my wife. When I see her hurting it makes me angry. In this case, my anger is at nothing I can change. I wish I could make it better, but I can see her hurt, and it hurts me. 

Today, we went to see the horses at Grayson Highlands it was fun and a good family trip. It was sad not having Weston along for the fun. I know he was there in spirit but I miss him. Julie misses him too and I could see the hurt a little more this Mother's day.

We will move on. We will not give up hope. We will not forget. These are the words that help me get through days that are a little harder than most. When I feel down I just remember that Weston is not hurting anymore. I know he is at peace. I do not have to like it (I really hate it to be honest) but I do have to live on. To all the moms out there Hang on, Hang in, and Don't quit.




AK

No comments:

Post a Comment