Monday, May 25, 2015

Fun With the Family




Fun With The Family


Today is Memorial Day, a day to remember the ones who gave their all for our country.  It is also a day most people spend with their family, grill out, play games, just spend time with family, etc..... On Saturday, we placed flags on the graves at our local VA hospital, with all the local Boy Scout Troops. How amazing it was to see so many youths doing a good deed and showing respect for our fallen warriors. I was so blessed to be ask to help. 

Today, we are hanging out at the house we built a fire pit. We went to Lowe's and got the parts and worked on it this afternoon. Now, as I write this we are sitting around the fire and waiting to cook hot dogs. This has been a fun weekend filled with lots of family time. In the back of my mind I am reminded that the family is not complete. We are and will always be a family incomplete. 

At the ceremony they played Taps before we placed the American Flags, this always reminds me of Weston's service. It reminds me of all the people who have gone on and all we can do is remember the ones we lost. We were able to place an American flag on my grandfather's grave as well. It was nice to be able to tell the kids stories about him and they could relate to it just a little more.

So, as you go about your Memorial Day and the following days, I hope you remember the ones who gave their all. Also spend a little time with your family, you never know when you will speak your last to the ones you love. Weston will always warm my heart and break it at the same time. If you have kids remember hold them extra tight and don't let go. Above all remember Hang on, Hang in, and Don't quit.


AK

No comments:

Post a Comment